I thought it would be best to make a new post with some important information that is being talked about in the comments! There are a lot of exciting possibilities for Play and their launch in the US!
- The girls have been very well received by everyone and the prospects look very good for their launch in the U.S. next year hopefully in the Spring or early summer.
- There is a major label that has expressed great interest in signing them, but since that would likely mean starting over with a new album and a long delay while they get around to doing it, the girls are leaning towards having the distribution arm of that same company distribute Under My Skin in North America. The album would likely be tweaked by deleting two or three songs and adding two or three new tracks.
- The key thing to know is that many big companies and key people want to work with them, and there seems to be a general feeling that timing-wise the U.S market is right for a new big girl group to emerge and many people seem to feel that talent-wise Play should be that group.
- The girls are placing a very big emphasis on television. There are three good production companies who are competing to sign the girls to develop a television series. The television people all seem to think the girls are beautiful and talented and that being from Sweden makes them a bit different and exotic.
- The trip to New York in December is still on, and we are in negotiations right now for Play to possibly perform at a second very major event during that same trip that would be televised throughout the U.S. and worldwide.
- They met with Jeff Timmons who was one of the members of 98 Degrees. Anders Bagge wrote many of their biggest hits, and Jeff is very loyal to Anders (and a really nice guy as well). Jeff is also a big fan of Play and has offered to use his connections and expertise to help the group.
- Upcoming meetings include two more television production companies and a meeting with the woman, Leslie Armour, who is big in the branding world and who years ago got Play their deal with Limited Too. She is working on a new opportunity for the girls with a cool clothing line like H&M or Forever 21.
- On Friday, the plan is for one of the production companies to follow the girls around with a film crew to get some good footage of them. Lots of good things happening. The girls will return to Sweden on either Saturday or Sunday, though they may be back again later in November.
A huge thanks goes out to Greg! I really appreciate you coming here and letting us know the latest info. It makes everything so exciting, even just having an idea of possibilities. I personally am thrilled with all of this news and wish Play the best of luck as always <3